Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Delco Pro Am Basketball feature Chester talent

Anyone recognize this pair of past and present Chester ballers hanging together after their game?

Let's not forget Chester native and Boston College's DJ Irving. His handle is top notch. 
Kevin Towns runs a great summer basketball league. I’ve been attending the Delaware County Pro-Am Men’s Summer Basketball League games since I moved back to the area in 2004 and it’s one of the highlights of my summer. 
Where else could you see underclassman Jameer Nelson and Delonte West; Tyreke Evans as an 8th grader; Tim Legler, Malik Rose, Kyle Lowry, and a bunch of other great high school, college, and NBA and European professionals?
I didn’t think there was another venue better than the heat sink known as Tri-State Sports (Sun Center). Cheyney University was disappointing and Competitive Edge Sports in King of Prussia was very nice but too far of a drive to attend more than a few games. 
I haven’t been on Haverford College’s campus since my Villanova days. I still think it’s the most beautiful campus in the world and now they have the best gym to go along with it. 
Now I know what Towns means when he says, “The facility is immaculate. It’s like the Taj Mahal of basketball...This is the best situation we’ve ever been in.” And, it’s air conditioned. 
Click HERE for more and Click HERE for the summer schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment