Wednesday, December 7, 2011

SURVEY RESULTS: Should stores have a ‘Black or Cyber’ 1st and 15th of December


24 votes
YES 50%
NO        50%
If I owned a retail store, I’d have a huge sale on December 1st and 15th.
So many people receive their paychecks on the 1st and 15th. And most people on public assistance do too. So, why wouldn’t I encourage them to spend with me on those days. I’d even cash their checks without a fee if they shopped with me. 
Unless you have money saved, or have a line of credit, most folks are broke on the day after Thanksgiving. They either purchased all that food for y’all to eat, spent money to travel to grandmas house, or are simply living paycheck to paycheck.
I'm real curious why the no voters voted no. 

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit, I voted no because even though people get paid those days it doesn't guarantee that they would come in on those days. I'd have various days throughout the month as sale days rather than have the Black Friday chaos we always see once or twice a month.

    I wouldn't cash checks in my store though. I see those offers pop up during tax season which I feel are just opportunist trying to make a quick buck. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing is for sure, folks are more likely to buy stuff on the day they receive that check than any other day in the month. At least that's the case in communities like Chester. Those various days you speak of better be the 1st and 15th if you want that money.

    Do a survey at Sam & Sam Meats. There are more deli carvers and cashiers working on the 1st thru 4th than the 6th thru 14th. Mr. Sam figured it out long ago.

    And yes, cashing a check in your store is all about getting a quick buck.

    A business person in the 'hood better operate to the demographic or they will not survive. Period!

    ReplyDelete