Friday, June 25, 2010

Chester High alum graduates Villanova

Chris Rogers with men's basketball coach Jay Wright
Congratulations Christopher Rogers for graduating from Villanova University in 4 years.


I met Chris when I did a story in the Chester Spotlight on top CHS graduates way back in 2006 when he graduated 4th in his class.


I was excited that finally someone from Chester was going to Villanova and I took him under my wing to show him the ropes on campus early in his freshman year.  The first lesson was how to sneak into important functions acting like you belong.


In this photo Chris and I snuck into a faculty only function where they were being introduced to the new President of the university. We ate well, mingled and took photos like we were invited.


It didn't take long for Chris to get comfortable on campus as he fit in much better than I did in 1978.


I caught up to Chris in downtown Chester this week and he tells me he's still deciding on his next move which will probably be attending grad school for a masters in education. 


I'm proud of you young man. Best of luck in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear about Chester residents who have done something positive...Good Job young man!

    ReplyDelete