Monday, May 23, 2011

New 'Chester Spotlight' Issue Commemorates State Champs



The Chester Spotlight community paper is out with an 8 page commemorative issue which debuted at the Chester High School Basketball Banquet last evening. 


The issue features photos of all the players and their stats; an article on the coaches; 2 pages of photos of Chester basketball players from the past, team history and facts; and photos of supporters including the cheerleaders.


Starting later today, you can find the issues around Chester at City Hall, Crozer Library, Phatso's Bakery, Paden Salon, People's Choice Clothing, Woodlyn Cleaners, & JF Motors. 


This issue is a collector's item for Chester High basketball fans. 


One thousand papers were delivered to the banquet and about 1000 issues will be on the street. When they're gone, they're gone. 


To purchase a copy for $1, send me an email. 

7 comments:

  1. Great Job Stefan, I was at the banquet yesterday and was suprise not to see any of the local papers there covering the event. If one of the players was caught selling a five dollar bag of weed all of them will be there covering that story. Congrats to the team and THANK YOU for the special paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome for the paper. It was a fun project to put together.

    In defense of the local press, I am not sure they were notified of the event. I never received a press release or invite. I'm curious if any other media did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I had to work last night. Otherwise, I would have covered it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned that the Daily Times stopped covering these events years ago because if they cover one school, they have to cover them all.

    That makes sense to me. This is a huge county with a lot of schools. The county paper has limited resources to cover it all.

    That's why we need to support and grow our city media sources and stop depending on the county paper to cover everything Chester does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But how many teams from this area win the states. I understand not covering evry banquet but the State Championship Team is something I think is news worthy more so than someone getting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does it really have to be in the Daily Times to be legit? What is so great about that paper?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not a great paper I dont even buy it but our community buys it. I also hate seeing

    ReplyDelete