Saturday, November 27, 2010

El DeBarge blows through Wilmington




At the last moment, I learned I was going to see El DeBarge, and it turned out to be a good night.


At the fabulous Chase Center down on the Wilmington waterfront, local promoters brought in El DeBarge for a listening party for his new CD coming out on Tuesday.


They didn’t play any of the new CD while I was there, but when El appeared, it was clear that he’s still a fan favorite as he graciously greeted the crowd, posed for pictures, signed autographs, danced, and sang a couple of his old hits, before heading off into the sunset.


A band led off the evening, and DJ Doc B got the large crowd grooving, so it wasn’t all about El, but don’t tell the women that.


I did get a chance to hear the sample CD (Second Chance), and it’s very good. Hopefully, he’ll have better luck than his brother Chico, who put out a very good CD last year that got hardly any play. Somehow, I think El’s is going to do extremely well.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you were drafted for this duty. I love El Debarge. I went just to see him and it was nice for the short time he was there. The sample CD was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arm candy! That was not a pretty sight. You know better than that. At least, I know you can do better.

    ReplyDelete