Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Boyz II Men didn't disappoint...sort of

When I told a co-worker I was going to see BoyzIIMen at Resorts, he asked if I grew up in that era?

Wow. I felt instantly old.

After giving it some thought, I realized that they have been around for 20 years, and I've been a fan from the beginning.

 When my guitar teacher told me to buy the type of music I want to learn to play, the first song book I purchased was by BoyzIIMen. As a result, I've always given them credit for teaching me how to read music, along with Babyface and Diane Warren, who wrote most of their hit songs.

So, when I heard BoyzIIMen were coming to Resorts, I decided to go check 'em out, once again.

 My only disappointment is that there used to be a time when I'd go to an R&B show and the band was just as exciting as the singers. More and more, acts are showing up without bands, as BoyzIIMen did on Saturday night.

 Regardless, BoyzIIMen put on an awesome show. They sound great performing all the songs everyone wanted to hear. The call for an encore was one of the loudest I've ever witnessed.

 So why did I feel cheated?

 If I knew they weren't bringing a band, I'm not sure I would have paid what I did for the tickets. I felt deceived.

 I wish there was a way of knowing if acts are not bringing a band along. Seeing a live show performed to a recording just doesn't seem right to me, especially if they are the headliner.

Obviously, it didn't bother a lot of others, so maybe I'm just old, like my co-worker made me feel.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about Boys2 Men but you are the biggest disappointment. YOU SUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Who ever you are you could just unsubcribe, or elaborate. What exactly do you think Sucks about this blog? I ask because I am interested to know. I personally have been made aware of many events and issues that are not made public to us residents of this city, this city really keeps us in the dark about a lot of what is taking place good and bad, nice to have a resource. So What is it that you don't like?

    ReplyDelete