Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Chester teen makes international news

Brother Leroy Karriem
It’s so rare to meet a young man in Chester that I can tell right away has that something special going on. 

While sitting on my porch, I spotted Brother Leroy with his Final Call papers under his arm and asked him to come over. I purchased a paper and asked him to leave the latest issue in my door and paid him in advance. Between Leroy and his older brother Elijah, I always get my Final Call.

Whenever I see either of them around town I usually stop and chat. They are always so positive, pleasant, and respectful. 

I saw Leroy a couple nights back with a group of his partners from The Nation. He dropped the July 8th issue in my passenger seat and said that his picture is in the paper with Minister Louis Farrakhan from his recent visit to Philadelphia. When I read the story, it blew me away.

I don’t want to steal any thunder from this fabulous story that has gone worldwide about a young man from Chester innocently doing his duty and receiving the ultimate blessing for his faith. 

Read it for yourself HERE

Previous blog post on Leroy and Elijah HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment