March 24, 2014 (Chester, Pa) – Board of directors and staff for the Boys and Girls Club of Chester will host their 2nd Annual Dinner on Friday, April 4th from 6-11 p.m. at Harrah’s of Philadelphia (777 Harrah’s Blvd., Chester). Members of the community are invited to attend this fundraising event inside the casino’s Caesars Room that will include cocktails, dinner, dancing, a silent auction, an awards presentation and more. Tickets are $80 per person and are available by calling (610) 874-1237 or emailing email@example.com.
A highlight of the event promises to be the recognition of the annual awards to individuals who have provided valuable contributions for the Boys and Girls Club of Chester. This year’s recipients include:
- Keith Taylor, Employee of the Year Service Award
- For his team spirit, dedication and commitment to the youth of the community.
- Dan and Patricia Banta, Corporate Partnership Award
- As owners of B&S Deli/Sunoco (2200 West Second Street, Chester), Dan and Patricia are active and supportive partners who continue to demonstrate their loyal commitment for the community.
- Bruce Simons, Board of Directors Service Award
- For his generous contributions as an engaged leader. Specifically, he created and funded a Junior Garden Program that won a blue ribbon the first year it was implemented.
- Charles “Mr. Mac” McMillan, Lifetime Service Award
- He was the director of the club in the 1950’s and 1960’s, and currently remains an active member of the Board of Directors.
Boys and Girls Club of Chester was established in 1930 to provide a place of learning, support and growth for the youth of Chester in a safe environment. Today, they continue their mission in the George E. Carter Center located at 201 E. 7th Street in Chester. This modern facility offers school-aged boys and girls with entertaining programs and athletic activities in an environment that is focused on education, character development, and discussing healthy lifestyle choices.
Sponsors for the Annual Dinner include: Ahrendorf and Associates, Amerihealth Caritas, B&S Deli/Sunoco, ChesPenn Health Services, Chester Water Authority, City of Chester, Crozer-Chester Medical Center, JLK Properties, LLC, Labors Local 413, Radio Communication Service, Inc., Schmidt Properties, T. Frank McCall’s, Inc., Thomas J. Anderson & Associates, Inc., Wawa, and Widener University.
For more information, visit www.boysandgirlsclubchester.com.