Monday, December 10, 2012

Harry Chaykun features Chester Panthers Football


I’m the first to complain that the Daily Times doesn't cover youth sports like they did when I was a kid. Rushing for the daily paper to read my own box scores got me interested in newspapers as a youngster.

Today, I must give credit to one of the guys who was always involved in the youth sports programs I played in. Thanks Harry Chaykun for writing a great article on the Chester Panthers football program.

We used to tease Harry Chaykun as being the worse basketball ref ever and hated when he called our Biddy or CYO games, but it was all in fun. Harry has become a walking encyclopedia of Delco Sports, especially girl’s high school sports, and has often been awarded as one of the best sports writers in the area during his long career before retiring from the Daily Times.

If I join an over 50 league, I still don’t want Harry as a ref.

Click HERE for more

No comments:

Post a Comment