The Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Chester (BGCC) was awarded a $15,000 donation in June 2012, by the Chester Water Authority (CWA). This donation will enable the BGCC to meet current expenses and to help enable the Club to continue providing wholesome recreation activities for the young people of Chester. In October 2011, CWA also donated $15,000 to the Club.
A building that once served as a treatment plant filter house for the Authority (constructed in 1904) located and Front and Fulton Streets accommodated the BGCC up until it entered its new modern facility located at Seventh and Madison Streets on October 22, 2010 and the old building was demolished. It was at the old facility that the Authority spent an annual average total of $15,000 on maintenance and insurance.