Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Mayor’s Masquerade Ball was a blast


While catching up on some of my YouTube subscribers new videos, I watched the new YesGodTV video, The Mayor’s Masquerade Ball.
I love that Kev gets out to these events and documents the happenings around town. He does amazing work with the simple tools that he works with.
My favorite part was when the mayor told the crowd that we used to get dressed up and have affairs like this all the time. His wish was that those days come back. 
Honestly, I had to go back on this blog to see if there was any mention of the Masquerade Ball. On September 6, I did post an email from Brian Warren about the Ball, but the event was much grander than the email indicated. 
I’m not sure if this was just a city employee event or not, but it was well attended by a lot of well dressed locals who partied like there was no tomorrow at the beautiful Wharf at Rivertown. 
Some of the guys had on tuxedos and fine hats and a lot of the women wore beautiful gowns and dresses. 
Maria Randolph catered the event, so I know everyone ate well (although I was surprised at the styrofoam for such an upscale event). 
As the mayor says, I hope these type of events grow and continue. 
Check out the video HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment