Monday, September 26, 2011

Boardwalk Empire


I’m not much of a TV guy and even less of a movie guy, so premium channels don’t attract me. 
I never liked the Sopranos, never gave Oz a chance, and was so-so with The Wire.
But, HBO has finally got me with Boardwalk Empire. 
I could hardly wait for the second season to start last night and it started off with a bang -- literally.
Everyone’s favorite character from The Wire, Omar, is the head of the blacks in Atlantic City and his establishment gets shot up by KKK in the opening minuets. Of course, in typical Omar fashion, he grabs a shotgun and shots one of the Klansmen as they ride away. Oh boy, here comes trouble.
Boardwalk Empire won 8 Emmys in its maiden season for all the reasons they have the Emmys. But, the fashion statements in that show is unlike anything ever put on screen.
They must spend a fortune on wardrobe as every character is dressed in 1920s chic from head to toe. 
I just love to see people get dressed up, especially creatively. It’s become a lost art on and off the screen. 
I can’t wait for next Sunday. 

2 comments:

  1. The show is well done. I like and can't wait for this Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I need to pick it up again...I watched the first few episodes when it started and it was kind of slow so I stopped watching....

    ReplyDelete