Friday, September 23, 2011

Chester’s Becoming a Newspaper Juggernaut


While trolling Avenue of the States today, I couldn’t help but to notice that more than a couple storefronts bear a plethora of local papers dispersed across their checkout counters.
The Scoop, with its Chester bar entertainment listings and Rev. Rocky Brown’s sermonette, sits next to the Chester Spirit with its photo album of color pictures and everything the City deems fit to print, which sits along side the Overtown Express with it’s bulldogish fact gathering accompanied by pie charts and Wall Street Journal layout.
As passersby secure their personal copy of the Daily Times under their arm, Chester readers are now, more than at any time in the recent past, inundated with information to stay abreast of what’s going on in their city.
I enjoy them all. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You must have seen me. Say hi next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen the papers near where I live. I'd like to tho. They should put them in the rite aid and gas stations. Although admittedly, I get most of my news online.

    But I'm modern like that.

    - Melody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Overtownexpress.com leave a comment so I know you were there.

    ReplyDelete