Monday, July 4, 2011

Where do we learn Flag Etiquette?

Thanks to YesGodTV's YouTube videos of this weekend's events around Chester, I've enjoyed watching the activities that include residents of all ages.

Of course, I would have to work nights all weekend, but if I didn't, I'd be front and center for the Naughty By Nature show.

As I was enjoying the kids in the Chester's Weekend of Fun *Fashion Show for Kids* video, I couldn't help but to be shocked about halfway through.

Honestly, I don't know where I ever learned United States Flag Etiquette, and after reading the link below, I realized how much of it I really don't know.

However, who doesn't know that the US flag should never touch the ground?

There's a portion in the video that the kids drop their flags on the ground and the flags stay there throughout the fashion show with people stepping all over them.

Didn't anyone realize that is a no-no? Obviously not.

Otherwise, the show was great, but the ultimate disrespect to your county is to burn the flag, fly it upside down, and put it on the ground. At least that's what I learned somewhere.

How to handle the flag of the United States of America. Federal Flag Code - Public Law 94-344 says -- 
The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water.



Click HERE for the entire code

No comments:

Post a Comment