Sunday, July 17, 2011

What is Chester’s Unemployment Rate?


Ever since the mayor said he didn’t know Chester’s unemployment rate during his interview with the Daily Times in March, I’ve been curious. 

Now that the 'Strong Cities, Strong Communities' Obama team is in Chester to help put people to work, I thought it was important to know where we’re starting from.
I recently read somewhere that the unemployment rate is around 12%. I found that hard to believe, so I did some Internet digging.
According to Simply Hired, Chester’s unemployment rate is 16.7%.
This site has a bevy of Chester data. Most encouraging is information showing that jobs have increased 237% since November 2009 from a chart that is updated every few months.
Using Simply Hired as our benchmark site, I encourage you to follow the trends with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment