Sunday, August 1, 2010

Youth run Community Garden needs Pennies

I CAN, I WILL is a 401c3 non-profit organization that takes kids from the Bennett Homes and teaches them how to grow their own food. Each Saturday, the kids meet with Mike Gray and his staff to learn gardening, cooking, reading, writing, math, and life skills when they are not on some kind of field trip.


Earlier this year, I CAN, I WILL started a Penny drive to help purchase supplies for the Saturday sessions. YOU can drop your Pennies and other spare change at 1513 Concord Ave (btwn Tilghman & Central) in the big can on the porch. Those pennies really make a difference. If you see Mr. Gray, ask for some tomatoes...they have a bunch ready to eat.

3 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic thing for the children of Chester to patcipate in. I will definetly stop passto show my support and to add to the collection can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a contact for this group? I'd love to volunteer to help these young people - what a great activity!

    ReplyDelete