Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chester wins at 4-H Summer Fair

The famous 'I Can I Will' scare crow
protects the Bennett Homes community
garden from unwanted varmints 
Last weekend, the Delaware County 4-H held their annual summer fair which showcases the talent of their members and others.
This year, there were two Chester winners.
Ten year old Rain Robbins won the top prize Blue Ribbon for the dress she made as a member of the Media 4-H sewing club. 
The ‘I Can I Will’ youth community gardeners from the Bennett Homes won top prize in the public category earning the Champion Ribbon for their basket of mixed vegetables which was judged based on its unusual variety, visual appeal and perfect ripeness of the exhibit’s contents.
Congratulations to Rain Robbins (and her mom Tiffany) and ‘I Can I Will’ leader Mike Gray and the young crew from the Bennett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment