Mayor John Linder is considering a new approach to battling the scourge of crime in the city and wants to focus on community policing as a way to improve the quality of life for Chester residents.
I think of community policing as actions as simple as establishing neighborhood watches to extreme measures like arming every citizen with pistols and handcuffs. I was surprised with what the mayor actually came up with to launch a community police initiative.
- Pursuing quality-of-life crimes
- Higher visibility from police officers
- More exchanges regarding complaints about police service
- Resolve residents issues with police service.
- Secure grants to patrol city neighborhoods and put surveillance systems in the business district.
I don't see how these initiatives engage the community to battle the scourge of crime. Maybe they're not meant to.
Click HERE for more