Monday, September 9, 2013

E. Steven Collins


Philadelphia’s black talk radio lost a great one with the passing of E. Steven Collins.

For those of us who know our radio folks on a first named basis...Georgie, Mary, Cody, Bill, Rotan, Reggie, Mumia, Al B, Nick, Bev...E. Steven fit in with the rest. 

He has ruled Sunday mornings for years talking about important, impactful, and informative issues. I always knew where to find E. Steven on a Sunday morning. Even church goers tuned in before heading to the chapel. 

I had the pleasure of being a guest of E. Steven at The Barnes Foundation where they broadcasted a live Sunday show interviewing people from the 'museum'. I was in his tour group as we were led through the exhibits room by room.


I don’t consider myself a journalist, but I know there’s some aspect of what I do that is inspired by E. Steven Collins. He was one of the best. 

2 comments:

  1. whenever i visit, i listened for him. he interviewed me at the million man march. true story. philly radio won't be the same.
    r.i.p

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will truley be missed..

    ReplyDelete