Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Rugby Cats are in Chester again

#USA7s The games have begun as the Collegiate Rugby Championship Invitational , better known USA Sevens Rugby, kicked off Saturday morning at PPL Park.

As Temple’s WRTI radio host Warren Cooper said this morning, “Welcome to the Rugby cats in town this weekend.”

I’m hooked on the sport. It reminds me of how we used to play football as kids in the back alleys of Chester with all the passing, hitting, and running. 

To me, it’s football on steroids. Who, in their right mind would get hit like that with no pads ...and no huddles to shake it off?

I feel like a dwarf when I stand next to some of those guys in the concourse as most of them are built like armor tanks and are much taller than they appear on the field. 

After a little breakfast, I’m gathering my recharged camera batteries, clearing my SD cards, slathering on some SPF-something, and make my way to the riverfront to hang out with the Rugby cats all the way to the championship game. 

If you can’t come and join me, catch it on NBC from 4-6pm (NBC Sports Network 2-4pm).


No comments:

Post a Comment