Monday, May 27, 2013

Blogging While Brown 2013



After that great experience last year, I know I was one of the first to register for this year's Blogging While Brown conference being held in Harlem in a couple weeks. 

The conference is targeted to bloggers, however, the information is valuable for anyone who is curious to learn what's new and important in social media from some of the best in the business, most of whom just happen to be black & brown. 

Last year's event was held in Philadelphia and I originally showed up out of curiosity. I hadn't registered, walked up to the table knowing they were sold out, and asked if they'd take my money for a one day peek at what was going on. Within 20 minutes I tracked that lady down and demanded she take more of my money because I knew I wanted to attend the second day just that fast. 

As a blogger who just does it for fun, it's exciting to hang out for a weekend with those who do it for a living. I expect to attend this event for years to come. 

Blogging While Brown  2013 I'm Going Badge
Click Badge for More Information

The 2013 Panel Agenda
  • Stop Thinking Like a Blogger and Think Like a Business! 
  • Online Energy, Offline Synergy: How Creating Content Online Can Create Financial Opportunities Offline
  • When Keeping It Real Goes Real Wrong!
  • Beyond Facebook & Twitter: Using Google Plus, Pinterest and Instagram to maximize pageviews & ad sales
  • Blogging for the love of the blog
  • Security, Privacy and Safety Tips for your Wordpress Blog
  • 10 Ways to Turn Your Blog Writing from Basic to Brilliant
  • Ten Easy Steps to HackproofʻYour Wordpress Installation and Backup Your Siteʼ
  • Starting a Business While Working Full-time
  • Cross-border Conundrums: Being An International Black Blogger
  • Keep it Movinʼ : Mobilizing Your Blog and Your Brand
  • Turning your brand up to 11 with a Podcast
  • Diversity: Unpacking the Supply and Demand Side of Diversity
  • Blogging For Your Organizational Voice
  • BlogGot a Blog? Protect Your Brand in Cyberspace.
  • Crowdfunding your Creative Project: Advice From 3 Kick-Ass Women On Using Kickstarter
  • Professional Blogging Opportunities, powered by BlogHer: What you need to know to make the most of your blog.

Check out my experience from the 2012 conference in Philly below.

No comments:

Post a Comment