Sunday, November 4, 2012

Did You Lose Food During a Power Outage or Flood? Ask for Replacement Food Stamps to Get New Food.

If you get food stamps and you lost food during a power outage or flood, tell the welfare office right away.  You may qualify for replacement food stamps.

To get replacement food stamps, you must ask within 10 days of when your food spoiled.  Contact your local welfare office immediately:

Delaware County Assistance Offices
Crosby District: (610) 447-5300
Darby District: (610) 461-3800

Better yet, put your request in writing and get a receipt!

You will have to complete a form saying how much food you lost. A copy of this form is attached. The law allows you to get replacement food stamps for the amount of food that you lost -- up to one month’s benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment