Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I don’t like dogs

Precious


Whenever I share that statement, people assume that I hate dogs. That’s the furthest thing from the truth. I'm just not a dog lover. 
Again today, I saw Chester’s most recognized dog, Precious, on the news with an update on his weight gain. The SPCA are seeking donations to keep up with the care Precious needs to stay an track for a full recovery. 
I’d love to see Precious get back on his feet, find a good owner, and frolic in a back yard and not a basement. 
Too many people own pets that shouldn’t. When you have trouble feeding yourself and your family, caring for an animal can be quite daunting. When you don’t have health care for yourself or your family, you can bet that the dog will not be visiting a vet or the free clinic. 
I love to see people with their dogs when it’s obvious that they bring joy to each other’s lives. Unfortunately, there are far too many Precious cases.
Here’s my dogs below. They live next door to me and we are best of friends. When I come out the door or pull into the driveway, they greet me like I’m the master. 
Or could it be that they want another biscuit?

Knowledge
Max


2 comments:

  1. There are plenty of accessible services for free that offer humane treatment to animals in situations such as this. Yes life events can disrupt an owner-pet relationship where the dog becomes too much and that's why these programs exist. Not utilizing them is irresponsible and lazy by the owner and inexcuseable mistreatment for an innocent animal who doesn't have the means to help themselves. Stop making excuses for these people. Thats a big part of the problem ithis stuff is somehow acce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's more excuses. Having never been a dog owner, I couldn't tell you a single 'accessible service' other than the SPCA.

      I don't think dogs come with a services list attached to their collar when you bring them home.

      Please list the services you speak of. Maybe it will help someone make the right decision.

      Delete