Friday, March 23, 2012

Are HOODIES frightening?


I own a few hooded sweatshirts. When my head gets cold, I put on the hood.
I’ll never understand why folks where hoods inside a building or on a 80 degree day. Yet, I’m slowly realizing that people wear hoods like it’s a cap. I guess they just need something covering their heads.
As a result of the Trayvon Martin murder, hoodies are back in the news. In fact, people are holding protest marches around the country wearing their hoods.
Back on February 6, 2009, I wrote a piece in the Chester Spotlight criticizing Furillo’s No Hoodie Policy.  Nobody cared.
Y’all still don’t care?


Click HERE for more





Caption from Chester Spotlight: 
Why would Furillo’s put such a sign on their front door? Are they really enforcing a dress code to buy a turkey hoagie and a bag of chips? Are cheese steak customers with button down shirts more desirable than those who are trying to keep their head warm in sub freezing weather?  Maybe their sign should read… Please Remove Hoodie Before Entering Store.
I hope that’s what they are really trying to suggest.


3 comments:

  1. NEW CHESTER WROTE;KNOW HOODIES SHOULD BE WORN IN A A STORE,AND I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH THAT STORES RIGHT,EVERYONE WHO SHOP IN A STORE SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE IDENTIFIED IF NOT YOU LEAVE OPTIONS OPEN TO ARM ROBBERY OR EVEN MURDER,AND I ALSO BELIEVE WE SHOULDNT BE PROTESTING WITH HOODIES ON FOR TRAVAYN,WE SHOULD BE PROTESTING WITH HOODIES OFF AS MEN AND WOMEN,BECAUSE I BELIEVE HE WAS KILLED NOT BECAUSE HE WAS WEARING HOODY BUT BECAUSE HE WAS YOUNG AND BLACK.WE NEED TO STOP STEROTYPING OURSELVES AND BE MEN AND WOMEN,ACCOUNTABLE,RESPONSIBLE AND PRODUCTIVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furillo's do not really care anymore. there business is a snails crawl. If someone does not want to remove their hoodie, they will just go to anothe store to purchase thier items. furillo'sisnot the end all be all store for Hoagies, steaks, salads or chips! There not open enough to make a diffeence anymore and I love thir food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the are having a Hoodie March in Wilmington @ Rodney square Tomarrow at 6pm
    "United We Stand for Trayvon Martin"

    ReplyDelete