Thursday, November 24, 2011

Duke vs Kansas


Why doubt the winningist coach in college basketball?
I would have brought Austin Rivers back with 3 minutes to play, but Coach K stuck with Tyler Thornton...who?
Sure, I don’t like college basketball, but with the NBA issues still unresolved, I recorded the Maui Invitational championship game to satisfy my basketball jones, and I’m so glad I did.
Kansas’ Tyshawn Taylor (17) was great despite his turnovers, and Thomas Robinson (16-15) is a man among boys. It was Kansas’ game to lose, but Duke kept it close late in the game to make it interesting. 
And then there was the shot heard around the world. Okay, maybe that’s an overstatement, but the Tyler Thornton 3 that sealed the game for Duke had to wake my neighbors as I couldn’t contain myself at 6:30 this morning. 
I guess I’m just a basketball junkie for watching a game after 12 hours of night work.
Now, I’ve got to find a way to fall asleep ‘cause I must see some Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in a few hours.
Happy Thanksgiving y’all.

No comments:

Post a Comment