Wednesday, August 24, 2011

"I Can I Will" win ribbons at 4H




The Delaware County 4-H Summer Fair was held on August 12 and 13 at the 4-H Farm and Center in Newtown Square. Sixty-eight members from 19 communities competed, with 33 members earning one or more champion or reserve champion ribbons. Members exhibited and sold market lambs and market hogs; exhibited poultry, vegetables, as well as posters and examples of woodworking, and farm animal art. 
Visitors enjoyed the animals, pony rides, hay rides, hula hoop contests, bottle rocket launches and supported club fundraisers.
I Can I will” entered the open youth vegetable contest. Their market basket received a blue ribbon (first merit) and their vegetable entries earned the Reserve Champion out of six entries. Their very large gourd (I think it was a dipping gourd?) was extremely handsome…lots of interest from the visitors.

Mike Gray and the kids from "I Can I Will" 

No comments:

Post a Comment