Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bob Marley's New CD is HOT !

Chester's Anthony Weatherly followed me from
Immaculate Heart, to Archmere, to Villanova.
He introduced me to Bob Marley

In 1978, my college roommate was a Jamaican from Wilmington who came with a huge stereo for his enjoyment because I had never heard reggae before.
I didn’t like it at first, but when we were apart for a month for Christmas break, I couldn’t wait to hear that beat again. 
The following year, Anthony Weatherly came on campus and turned me on to Bob Marley’s ‘Legend’ album. I was converted after that.  
Today, I listened to Bob Marley and the Wailers - Live Forever: the Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA, September 23, 1980. 
Wow! It’s evident that they enhanced the fidelity to perfection because this live concert sounds great. And the concert sounds like it was a lot of fun for the audience.
Here’s a review from Rhapsody.com...
Frequently bootlegged over the years (and almost always with questionable fidelity), these recordings are historically significant because they document Bob Marley's last performance, before cancer claimed his life in the spring of 1981. The sound has been cleaned up to near-perfection. Plus, there's a ton of music to be explored: a whopping 20 tracks. Musically speaking, the reggae icon's backing band is tight and crisp throughout. What's more, there's no shortage of Marley standards, from "Exodus" and "No Woman No Cry" to "Redemption Song" and show closer "Get Up Stand Up."

No comments:

Post a Comment