Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wawa’s Beefstew

I marvel how Wawa seems to do everything right in their quest to conquer the world with their convenience store empire.
I decided to cut way back on beef three months ago, and have only indulged when my brother’s girlfriend made her famous pot roast (I couldn’t say no), and at halftime of a Chester High football game, where I had to have the requisite tube of beef parts smothered in relish and mustard and stuck between white bread with the slit down the center. 
On my way to work last night, it was 23 degrees and I couldn’t help but to notice that Wawa had Beefstew on the menu board (actually, I noticed because I was looking for it).
As much as I hate ordering food with that touch screen computer thingee, I manned up and fumbled through the process to order a large beefstew. 
It was my first one of the season, and I’m so glad I never know which days Wawa makes it available because I would be as addicted to their beefstew as so many are addicted to their coffee. It’s the only prepared food I ever buy from them, but looking at the lines at the food counter, I imagine that everything they make must be as good as the beefstew.
Kudos to the geniuses sitting up in their corporate offices out in the unincorporated community of Wawa, PA., located in Middletown Township in Delaware County, who come up with the best convenience store concepts ever. How they put the Wawa name on everything from coffee, to milk, to orange juice, to yogurt, to gasoline is amazing to me. They even find a way to sell Newports without selling Blunts. The Daily Times measure their newspaper sells by Wawa purchases. Powerful stuff. 
They have just wiped 7-11 off the map around these parts, and I see they are expanding in the south, in their effort to conquer the world.
Who remembers where the Wawa was located in Chester? Will they ever come back?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the accolades!!!! I do intend to submitting a of this writing to our PR and Marketing folks! Glad you enjoyed your purchase at Wawa....We have a slogan...Gotta Luv a Wawa :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow
    A commentor with a real first and last name. That deserves a prize. Ms. Summers, pick what u want from Wawa. It's on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just so cute sometimes and the other times a pain in the you know what...

    ReplyDelete