Monday, November 8, 2010

Philly Hip Hop Radio: Where’s Golden Girl? Welcome back Star & Buc Wild

I don’t listen to much radio, mainly because I’m not in the car much due to my short commute to work. When I’m in the car, I’m normally on Sirius listening to POTUS and get so caught up in the political stuff that I forget about the music stations.
However, when I do listen to terrestrial radio, I want something out of the ordinary like KWY, WURD, WIP, and NPR.
During the midnight shifts, if it is quiet at work and I'm around a radio, Golden Girl on Power 99 was my company. She’s the only radio personality that spoke to the younger generation on grown up issues as an adult. 
Due to alleged budget cuts, she was fired in June.
Today, Star & Buc Wild joined 100.3 The Beat for a 6-10am jolt of crazy hip-hop urban talk. Always on the edge, Star is a character my alter-ego relates to quite well. I was a big Star and Buc listener when I lived in NYC in the early ‘00s.
I know I won’t be listening to those guys a lot these days, but when I can, I’m happy to know where my kind of entertainment will be on the FM dial in the AM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment