Friday, June 11, 2010

Hollywood Comes to Chester Township

Sun Center Studios will not only consist of a 60,000-square-foot building that will house a soundstage and construction mill, but two additional sound stages, 30,000 square feet of office space, 3-D and 4-D movie theaters, a tourist and special events venue, and a fully enclosed “back lot” with streets that can be toured by visitors.

Even cynical little me can't find anything wrong with this exciting project except my sentimental attachment to the 'old' Sun Center facility where I graduated high school. But to see it go in exchange for the opportunity to invite Will and Jada over my house for a cup of coffee between takes is worth it.

You think they'll come by?

Click HERE to read all about it.


6 comments:

  1. I have sentimental attachments too because I also graduated from the Sun Center. I saw this coming just like an old clock churning. If anybody can, I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could possibly come to your house but since Will is from Philly he'll probably go to his own mother's house. Unless the two of you are already friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why did TV news say it is Aston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, what is the official address of this studio? Chester Township is like being in Chester just like Toby Farms and Upland. The names are different but it is all Chester to me. People don't want to be tied to Chester because of the negative image. TV news finds it hard to give credit to anything with Chester in it. All in all, this is a good project for the area no matter where it's located.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Tri State Sport (Sun Center) address is 63 Concord Rd, Aston, PA 19014. I'm not sure what address the new studio will have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I apply for a job?

    ReplyDelete